The Basque Center of Applied Mathematics is offering Postdoctoral Fellowship in Computational Mathematics and Fluid Dynamics to study in Spain. International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
The aim of the fellowship is to provide financial help to international students in Spain.
The Basque Center of Applied Mathematics of the Basque Science and Technology net. BCAM headquarters is in Alda. Mazarredo, 14 in Bilbao, the capital of the province of Biscay in the Basque Country of northern Spain.
Level/Field of Study
Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral programme in Computational Mathematics and Fluid Dynamics.
Basque Center of Applied Mathematics, Spain
Value/Duration of Award
The gross annual salary of the Fellowship will be 28.000 – 32.000€. It will then be your own responsibility to make your yearly income declaration at the Bizkaia Treasury Agency. There is a moving allowance for those researchers that come from a research institution outside the Basque Country from EUR 1.000 to EUR 2000 gross. Free access to the Public Health System in Spain is provided to all employees.
One fellowship is available.
International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional research accomplishments (or promise)
- Ph.D. degree (preferably in Mathematics or Computer Science) must have their Ph.D. completed when the position starts.
- Solid knowledge and experience of computational mathematics and FEM is a requirement, as well as software development for distributed memory architectures.
Skills and track-record:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present research ideas to researchers with a different background (e.g., mathematicians and engineers).
- Ability to clearly present and publish research outcomes in spoken (talks) and written (papers) form.
- Good command of verbal and written English.
- Demonstrated ability to develop or extend computational methods.
- Programming competence in C++ and Python.
Scientific Profile: The preferred candidate will have:
- Research experience and interest in adaptive FEM in a high-performance scientific computing setting.
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have the Ph.D. degree (preferably in Mathematics or Computer Science) must have their Ph.D. completed when the position starts.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
The mode of application is online.
- Letter of interest
- 2 recommendation letters
- Statement of past and proposed future research (2-3 pages)
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is July 14, 2017.