Garden International School is offering scholarships to Malaysian students. These scholarships are available for the students who are currently attending a Government-funded local school.
The aims of the program are to ensure students deserving of an outstanding education are not constrained by financial considerations and to encourage and motivate them to strive for excellence.
Garden International School (GIS) is the largest private, co-educational, British international school in Malaysia. GIS has a reputation for academic excellence, placing the success of each student at the centre of our mission. Garden International School provides a holistic education. GIS has a reputation for academic excellence, placing the success of each student.
These scholarships are available for school students.
These scholarships are awarded in the subjects of Arts (Music, drama or visual arts), Sports.
Value of Award
These Scholarships will cover a 100% Waiver on the application and registration Fees and a minimum of 50% reduction in tuition and technology fees.
Six scholarships are available.
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- These Scholarships are designed for Malaysian (Malaysian passport holders) students currently attending a Government-funded local school who are applying for a place in Year 10 (14-15 years of age) in August 2017.
- Applicants should have exemplary academic achievement to date, a commitment to helping others, highly developed collaborative skills and a capacity for abstract levels of thinking and reasoning. Alongside this, applicants should apply for one of the two specific categories:
Arts Scholarship (Music, drama or visual arts)
- Evidence of outstanding technical proficiency in their chosen subject.
- Commitment to develop their ability and passion for one of the creative arts subjects through creation, analysis, performance and/or display and reflection.
- Pursuit of creative arts endeavours within and beyond the classroom.
- Display of an overall aptitude, willingness and eagerness to share and contribute to the creative arts culture of the school.
- Intention and commitment to select at least two arts subjects (Music, Drama, Art) for IGCSE and at least one at A-Level.
- For Music applicants – the ability to play at least one instrument (preferably two) to a minimum Grade 5 standard (this can be demonstrated in an audition if necessary) and a commitment to 3 Music extracurricular activities (eg. School Orchestra)
- Outstanding personal attitude, sportsmanship, enthusiasm and teamwork skills.
- Achievement at a very high level in their chosen sport.
- General high achievement and effort in physical education and athletic programmes, intention to study IGCSE PE.
- Commitment to leading and developing the sports culture at GIS through representative sport.
Nationality: Applicants of Malaysia can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be students of currently attending a Government-funded local school .
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via email.
- Personal statement
- A full written personal statement detailing your strengths and abilities, including evidence that you meet the selection criteria. Please provide full details of all schools attended, academic achievements and co-curriculum (after school) activities, achievements, within and beyond school.
- School certificates – UPSR Certificate and School Reports from the last two years.
- Other certificates – Any other awards and certificates of academic and co-curricular achievements.
- Teacher’s Recommendation
- Reference letter from the Class Teacher/Principal at the current school highlighting academic and co-curricular achievements in school.
- Supporting documentation
- A copy of both parents’ 2015 BE form and 2016 BE form (EA form if BE is not yet available) to indicate family household income (without this, your application will not be considered).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is February 28, 2017.