National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, NPUST, is awarding scholarships to excellent foreign students to study in Taiwan for the academic year 2017-2018. These are partially or fully waived tuition scholarships which are available to pursue the undergraduate degree program.
These guidelines are promulgated to encourage outstanding foreign students to study at NPUST, and to assist them with living on campus without difficulties and successfully completing their studies.
To future enhance the internationalization of NPUST, the university also offers full scholarships to foreign students from countries that do not have a diplomatic relationship with Taiwan. Therefore, in addition to ICDF, foreign students who are interested in pursuing their degrees in NPUST can have financial aids from other sources, such as Taiwan scholarship (offered by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan) and NPUST scholarship.
Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate studies.
Scholarships are awarded in all the subjects offered by the university.
Country of Study
Value of Award
- Partially or fully waived tuition, waived miscellaneous fees and credit fees (Students will receive subsidies of the actual credits taken every semester. The maximum number of credits subsidized every semester is twelve.)
- Free lodging in the student dormitories of NPUST.
- Scholarships will be awarded on a yearly basis. Renewal applications will be evaluated based on student’s academic performance. The expected duration of earning a master and a Ph. D degree are 2 and 3 years, respectively. Students who need to study longer than the expected duration are entitled to only partially or fully waived tuition and waived miscellaneous fees, free lodging in dormitories, and subsides for up to twelve actual credits. Monthly stipend equivalent to that of Taiwan doctoral students can also be awarded to doctoral student for up to one year until the month of applicant’s graduation.
- The awards for new students shall be decided by the Committee for Admission of Foreign Students, while those for currently enrolled students (including renewal applicants) shall be reviewed and granted by the Scholarship Review Committee, and finally approved by the President of NPUST.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Students with a foreign nationality
- New foreign students are eligible for such application while applying for admission to NPUST.
- Currently enrolled foreign students (including renewal applicants) applying for a scholarship are required to submit a copy of their transcript for the previous academic year showing an average of 75 points or more for undergraduates and 80 points or more for graduate students. In addition, the grade of conduct must reach 80 points or more.
Nationality: Scholarships are awarded to excellent foreign Students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English language Requirements: Scholarship students who are non-native speakers of Chinese are encouraged to attempt to pass the basic level of Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL, formerly TOP) before graduation. Those who pass could apply to the reward according to the referring regulation of NPUST.
How to Apply
For new foreign students: The recruitment regulations were established under NPUST and may be found in the regulations (document #0960021880) posted by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan.
For currently enrolled foreign students (including renewal applicants):
- A copy of their transcript for the previous academic year
- Two recommendation letters written by a class mentor or an academic adviser
For new foreign students: The application must be submitted along with the application for admission to NPUST by April 30 for the following academic year.
For currently enrolled foreign students (including renewal applicants): Applications must be submitted between July 20 and August 5 for the following academic year.