2017 Mehta Fellowships to PROMYS are for mathematically talented pre-university students in India. Each Mehta Fellowship covers all costs for tuition, housing, and meals for the six weeks of PROMYS. PROMYS is a challenging mathematics “summer program” at Boston University in the U.S. which has been drawing talented pre-university students from across the U.S. and around the world since 1989.
The Tara and Jasubhai Mehta Fellowships to PROMYS are for mathematically talented students in India who would be financially unable to attend PROMYS without a scholarship and travel assistance.
PROMYS is a six-week summer program at Boston University designed to encourage strongly motivated high school students to explore in depth the creative world of mathematics in a supportive community of peers, counselors, research mathematicians, and visiting scientists.
Fellowships is open for the pre-university student attending school in India (including secondary school, high school, 6th from college, and homeschooled students).
Eligible Fields of Study
Fellowship is awarded in the field of Mathematics.
Value of Award
Each Mehta Fellowship covers all costs for tuition, housing, and meals for the six weeks of PROMYS at Boston University, in the U.S. The Fellowships also cover roundtrip travel from India, visa application fees, and the cost of any required books.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
- Indian citizen between 15 and 19 years of age (inclusive) at the start of PROMYS.
- A pre-university student attending school in India (including secondary school, high school, 6th from college, and homeschooled students).
- Financially unable to take advantage of an opportunity such as PROMYS without a full scholarship and assistance with travel expenses.
- Exceptionally talented in mathematics and interested in working hard to solve challenging mathematical problems.
- Proficient in English: Able to participate fully in mathematical discussions held entirely in English.
- Accepted to PROMYS through the Tara and Jasubhai Mehta Fellowship application process.
Nationality: Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The mode of applying is Online.
Application Deadline: All must be completed by the application deadline of April 1, 2017.